For more respect to FOAMF

Vote for your favorite song! I’m curious to see what everyone here likes on one of the most hated albums.

• Father of All…
  • Fire, Ready, Aim
  • Oh Yeah!
  • Meet Me on the Roof
  • I Was a Teenage Teenager
  • Stab You in the Heart
  • Sugar Youth
  • Junkies on a High
  • Take the Money and Crawl
  • Graffitia

0 voters

4 Likes

True that it’s one of the most hated, wasn’t exactly what I was expecting, but there are some great songs on here. Anything Green Day does is definitely a banger. The only reason I hated it was due to the cover they used for the album. Like it made me think that this was a sequel to American Idiot, but it wasn’t and it kinda seemed like a lazy way of quickly putting together a cover. Don’t get me wrong, I still do like it, but I still can’t get over the fact that they just slapped a unicorn and some text over one of their biggest albums.

3 Likes

I liked it. Not my favorite, but I still liked it. Sugar Youth has to be my favorite track though (fun fact it was the top song on my Spotify wrapped 2020)

4 Likes

Top three:

Graffitia
Sugar Youth
Junkies On A High

8 Likes

I have to be honest, I never understood the hype around Graffitia. Same thing with Haushinka for me (I know, scandalous)

1 Like

Apparently BJ wanted to name it American Idiot II: Father of all Motherfuckers. I would NOT have stood for that.

6 Likes

Totally undeserving of the hatred it got from fans, wonder how people will feel about it in 10 years time? I really like quite a few of the songs but don’t get particularly excited about Graffitia, I feel Billie could write a song like that regularly.

5 Likes

That’s the only song I think is really good lol The rest of the album is ok but not something I’d like them to do again

3 Likes

see, the album isn’t bad! i’m just hoping it isn’t green day’s new sound. and clearly they can’t make the same thing, seeings as their getting old, even tho billie doesn’t show it lol. i mean if it is, i’m still gonna listen to them (obviously), but it isn’t my favorite compared to their older music. i really like graffitia and father of all… too!

2 Likes

We can’t expect them to make Dookie II. We’ll react the way we reacted to Teenage Teenager. Pollyanna and Holy Toledo were good examples of what to do

4 Likes

Graffitia and Sugar Youth are the only stand out tracks

6 Likes

I liked Sugar Youth a bit.
I was pretty disappointed when I got my FOAMF CD in the mail tho. 26 minutes :expressionless:

5 Likes

I go out to do errands in my neighborhood and it ends before I get home

5 Likes

This album has grown on me so much. I still think it’s their worst album but goddamn if I don’t be dancin around to some of these songs.

5 Likes

Still argue I did my pb 10k to Foam!

2 Likes

Yeah I really hate that as well. There should have been some more songs to give it more of a push, but I believe I heard that they may have pulled some tracks back due to it being something new.

3 Likes

Right? It’s so catchy that it’s like a crime.

3 Likes

So tough! Some songs just has grown up on me in this couple of years. At the beginning my favs ones were meet me on the roof, graffitia and take the money and crawl but now sugar youth is the one I listen to the most!

4 Likes

Yep, Sugar Youth seems to be the most Green Day-ish out of the whole album.

5 Likes

I know it gets a lot of hate but oh yeah could have been a good song if they didn’t put the sample in it and came up with their own chorus

5 Likes